WATCH: The French Revolution
Be prepared to answer these questions. (page 2 of this file)
1) Write down each of the following words or terms, and what it means: Bankrupt; Reform; Estates General; deputies; cahiers de doleances; ‘national assembly; constitution; tennis court oath.
2) Why was the French Government bankrupt in 1787? (think of more than one or two reasons)
3) What effect did the poor harvest have on the ordinary people of France?
4) Why might members of the third estate have felt under-represented at the meeting of the Estates General in May 1789?
Create a picture book for younger students (10 years) that tell the important events of the French Revolution. (handout idea)
STORY OF THE WORLD VOL 3 Chapter 25
Use Notebooking Pages from HomeschoolHelper
READ this article...Story of the French Revolution
Open the File below and copy the diagram in your history journal. This is called a graphic organizer. Use it to answer the question: What were the causes of the french revolution.
if you have access to Brainpop - watch the French Revolution AND Napoleon to help you. * complete the second worksheet labeled Brainpop French Revolution
Read The Rights of Man. <primary source documents> Complete these Questions and Answer in your History Journal.
1. According to this document what are the natural inalienable rights of man?
2. according to this document can a person be arrested or otherwise disturbed because of his religious belief?
3. How do the rights listed in #2 compared to the rights listed in the Bill of Rights? *I provided a copy of the US Bill of Rights for your review.
If you haven't done so already you should memorize each protection the Bill of Rights provides. Here are a couple way to do that:
Video Game To play the Waterloo Interactive Battle Simulator, you must first choose whether to play as Napoleon (French side) or as Wellington (Allied side). The computer will play as your opponent. The game is played as a series of situations. The exact number of situations required to complete the game will vary, but expect to play about eight or so to finish the game.